Top 5 Ways to Bring Wellness to Work
If you are working on improving your health, creating a work environment that is conducive to your lifestyle is essential. After all you do spend 40 hours there each week! Whether you run a company or are an employee, you can be the voice to make changes around your workplace. Making these small changes will pay many times over in productivity, happiness and moral!
Here are our top 5 ways to stay healthy at work:
- Choose healthy, appealing food to offer staff at meetings, luncheons and for those nights of overtime.
- Stock your vending machines with healthy snacks. All the companies we work with provide healthy snack alternatives that are organic and most importantly satisfying.
- Provide food options for people with dietary restrictions. With so many new gluten free products on the market coupled with a lack of education around celiac disease, there has been a misunderstanding as to the legitimacy of going gluten free. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease caused by consuming the protein called gluten found in many grains. It primarily destroys the lining of the small intestine, but ultimately makes for very uncomfortable digestion, and can cause many complications in the long-term. We have amazing Gluten Free & Vegan Baskets.
- Get moving! Bring in a certified instructor to teach an exercise class over lunch or provide a gym membership in employee benefits. Exercise increases blood circulation to the brain, which increases alertness and productivity. Win-Win. We also have baskets catered to those living an active lifestyle.
- If possible, create a company community garden. This will not only get people active on their lunch hours, but it can provide a great source of healthy, pesticide free food for employees to take home. Plus, gardening has been known to be therapeutic for some. Since gardening is not relaxing for everyone, we also have all encompassing de-stressing baskets that are guaranteed to help you relax!